Our Eco Green Commitment
We all know computers are not very green. They use power and lots of it. The printer, the monitor and the computer itself. All of this does not help when trying to be as green or as eco as possible. In computer repairs this can be even worse, Sometimes you need another computer just to try to fix the first.
However every little helps.
Here at TECCS Computer Repairs we try in many ways to be as green as possible. Below is what we do to try to help
- We use as little paper as possible
- We only print what we realy need to print
- We use scrap, old or misprinted paper where possible for notes, ideas and messages.
- We use recycled cartridges in our printers with high quality ink
- We print in draft and black only where possible
- We only print what we really need to print
- We turn off all monitors when not in use
- We turn off all printers/scanners when not in use
- We turn off all computers when not needed
- We only leave computers on overnight when really needed
- We turn off all equipment we can at the plug when not in use
- We use LED spotlights when working inside computers
- We try to make as much use of natural light as possible
- In our work areas we use LED lighting
- In most other areas we try and use Energy efficient lighting
- We recycle all paper unless it has sensitive information on it
- Cans are recycled
- Plastic bottles are recycled or reused
- Cardboard is recycled
- Cardboard boxes are reused or recycled
- The buildings we use have good insulation including roof insulation and cavity wall insulation where possible
- One of our work areas has Solar panels for producing electricity
Old Computers and Electronic Waste
- We reuse electronics as second hand parts
- We recycle bits we cannot use either to other people or businesses or to the local recycling
If you find any problems with the website please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form.